What’s the flavor profile?
Extremely complex, but not in a confusing way. It’s a little sweet, nicely bitter and surprisingly fruity.
They’ve merged the great bitters of the world to create an aromatic bitter that is useful in such a wide array of drinks.
- From the most classic Aromatic bitters of Venezuela and Trinidad, they created a base that includes gentian, clove, allspice and cinnamon
- From New Orleans style bitters, they blend in angelica and anise seed
- From the iconic Italian Fernet, they fortify the bitterness in a touch of aloe and chicory
- From the Alpine Amaro tradition, they add in chamomile and dandelion
- From the tradition of German digestives, they incorporate cherry bark and licorice
In total, sixteen botanicals make up this unique aromatic offering.
They are not adding in caramel color or any colorants at all (so it’s a golden color). Nor are they adding in any sugar. The sweetness only comes from the licorice root. It’s certified kosher and GMO free.
We think you’ll love it.